Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Press Media

Beyond Boundaries: Kim Jong Wook's Odyssey of Inspiration

• 2023-10-26 19:46:24

By Honorary Reporter Shrasthi from India

Photo by = Kim Jong Wook himself send on mail.

Meet Kim Jong Wook, a person who defies expectations and redefines the boundaries of what's possible. Born with a congenital brain defect, Kim cannot walk or use his left hand. He needs a wheelchair to move around. 

His life is a testament to the extraordinary power of determination and the ability to turn challenges into opportunities. Kim is not just South Korea's first model on wheels; he is a symbol of unwavering courage and limitless potential. I interviewed Kim on his extraordinary path as a model. 

Snap from his 1st Modeling Session         

Source: Kim Jong Wook 

When did you first realize that modeling was the path for you? Can you share the story of how you initially got involved in the world of modeling?  

It must have been sometime in 2017. Before I became interested in clothes, I was fat, but the more I gained weight, the more I felt that my friends and family were having a hard time taking care of me. From then on, I went on a diet and saved money by controlling my food, so I had a lump sum of money to buy clothes. I went to Seoul Fashion Week wearing the clothes I bought, and it got a lot of attention there. Then I suddenly realized that there were no wheelchair users on the runway in Korea and thought, ‘Should I give it a try?’ I entered with the vague idea that I'll give it a try. 

-기사전문은 출처 URL을 통해 확인하실 수 있습니다.-